Apr 10, 2014

It's Mommy Time


Well, I have to say this is a really hard post for me to write and my decision didn't come on suddenly.
I need to say good-bye to blogging at this season in my life....... It's mommy time.

Blogging is fun and I have enjoyed it and the experience of it. I have loved getting to know YOU! I will still continue to enjoy reading what's going on in your neck of the woods for all my readers with blogs. And I will miss those of you who I got to know through comments.:)

Somewhere along the line blogging became too much for me. I thought if I backed off blogging to only 3 or 4 times a month I would feel better. But, I can't just have it sitting here because it's in the back of my mind like a chore that needs to get done. When I do something I want it to be done right to the best of my ability. I just couldn't give blogging the time it needed, to be what I wanted it to be. and I can't sacrifice time with my family to do it.

So many projects have gone to the way side because of blogging. I don't have time to do the projects PLUS take the pictures, edit the pictures, write the post etc. and do all that I should be doing. Even if that something is curling up with my children on the couch and reading a book. That's where I should be and want to be. This is time I will never get back once it's gone.

It's mommy time. This is the time I should spend with my children or doing something special for my husband.

My free time went to blogging, like a hobby, which is fun and all, but not what the Lord has called me to do.

When I have free time I want to pour into my family. I want to continue to grow our farm, grow our home, help the kids hone their new budding interests and give every one under our roof the attention they deserve.

They want me to play chess with them, read them Little House on the Prairie for HOURS!, bake cookies, watch the clouds, swing from the apple tree, and the list goes on and on. I love that they love being with me and I want them to know that I love being with them and they have my full attention.

 No more trying to grab the perfect shot or taking 20 pictures of the same thing because the lighting wasn't right! LOL! You bloggers know what I'm talking about.:) Those precious minutes add up and so often I would lose my kids' attention. Bummer. I can't live with that. I hate to even admit it!!

Aaaannd, my husband and I recently entered the world of reverse vasectomies! Surgery went well. The Lord blessed us with a wonderful doctor who makes reversals affordable as a ministry.  So we will see what the good Lord has in store for us as far as growing our family.

Some of our brood have decided to enter the world of show pigs and showing chickens. So spring and summer are going to be extra busy, but exciting for them as they start this new adventure.

Also, we are almost finished with our kitchen! Yay! I may try to get a kitchen reveal post done as the last post because you all have been so helpful and encouraging through the redo I would like to show you how it turned out. :)

But if I don't get that chance, thank YOU so much for everything and being such faithful readers.
 

For now, for me, it's time to just be Mommy.



Whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, do it with all thy might;
Ecclesiastes 9:10
KJV

Blessings to you,

14 comments:

  1. You are absolutely right and I totally understand your decision now that I have kids. Blogging can become a chore for sure. We will certainly miss you but I'm glad you will be enjoying your family more :) good luck and blessings in your recent endeavor to grow your family!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Megan!:) I will continue to enjoy reading your blog!!!

      Delete
  2. I am going to miss you!!! But like they say I will see you on the flip side. To everything there is a season... You and only you know what is best for your family. God has given you peace about your decision.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jen! I will miss it too! I will enjoy continuing to read your blog!:)

      Delete
  3. I will miss you, too! But I completely understand, 100%, which is why my last 2 posts were a month and a half a part on my blog. I've never been able to figure out how homemaking, homeschooling moms are able to post 3 to 4 posts per week on their blogs; it's amazing if I'm able to get that many posts in one month! So, again, while I'll miss you, I totally understand.
    Also, how exciting about the possibility of growing your family. :) God bless you!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stacie,
      You read my mind! I don't know how they do it! It has always baffled me. Lol! I look forward to reading your random posts!:)

      Delete
  4. This is one decision you will never regret... Keep me posted on any extras via email ;) Love, JES

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, JES! I will keep in touch for sure! :)

      Delete
  5. Good for you! Don't blame you one bit!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Angela! It's been nice gettibg to know you through comments!:)

      Delete
  6. It's a hard decision, but I totally understand. I have dropped blogging from one of my blogs for the same reason. The other is one I do a lot of stuff for them or our home or some goals I have, so I'll keep it, for now, unless the Lord tells me otherwise. It's hard to let go, but our children are definitely more important.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Tonya. So sweet of you to stop by and drop a word of encouragement!:)

      Delete
  7. ~good for you!! enjoy your family; know they will enjoy you. best of luck on future additions! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice blog and good recipes!

    ReplyDelete

Join in the conversation by leaving a comment! We look forward to hearing from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...