Mar 27, 2014

Handmade Piggy Cutting Board



How has your March been? Can't believe it's almost over! We are hopeful that spring will start to show itself around here soon. Although yesterday we had a bit of a white-out for a little while. Thankfully it didn't stick around though.

We've been tweaking our spring to-do list and getting ready for all the animals that will make their home in our barnyard this year.

A quiet little project my husband was working on was this piggy cutting board.
 It took him about an hour and a half.
 I thought he did a really good job!



He came across a beautiful piece of wood in his "junk" pile and thought it would make the perfect cutting board. He free handed this piggy shape, sanded, and rounded the edges. He and the kids wood burned their names and sweet sentiments on the back.



I thought the simplicity of the tail was perfect!



He knows I love practical and frugal gifts especially when they're handmade.
 This one was a total surprise too!
It was really sweet of him and the kids and will forever have a place on my counter.


We love him, because he first loved us.
I John 4:19
KJV




8 comments:

  1. Love it! What a sweet little gift!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How sweet and a surprise!!! I think it is adorable :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it!! He is so talented!! I will take one in the shape of a chicken please. Haha. I cannot wait until we are able to get my hubby's woodworking things out again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a great idea! A chicken shape!:)

      Delete
  4. Well you asked and March here is the Northeast is going out like a lion just as it came in. Got up to snow which wasn't predicted or wanted. But on a lighter note your husband did a great job on the Pig cutting board. Very Special!
    Thank you for sharing with the Clever Chicks Blog Hop! I hope you’ll join us again next week!

    Cheers,
    Kathy Shea Mormino
    The Chicken Chick
    http://www.The-Chicken-Chick.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kathy!:) We had 8 or so inches dumped on us a day ago...aahhh!!!

      Delete

Join in the conversation by leaving a comment! We look forward to hearing from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...