Jan 25, 2014

Farmhouse Kitchen Inspiration {Wood Countertops}


I have been scanning the web for inspirational pictures to help me convey my ideas to my husband about what I would like to see in the kitchen for the countertops.


Here is what I have been showing hubby over the last couple of weeks; I still have not decided on a countertop. I would prefer wood since I think it has a natural country feel to it which might help soften the look of the metal cupboards. We have used  wood for our countertop before and we loved it and it was super frugal compared to all other choices.

Cherry Wood Kitchen Countertops in Chicago
Source

Source


Source






Unknown


Ten Ways to Add Farmhouse Style by The Everyday Home
Unknown



We have quite a bit of length for the countertops in the kitchen so getting pieces of wood long enough is my husband's main concern. I am entertaining other countertop possiblities as I may be left with no choice,
 BUT
I'm leanin' towards the wood folks!:) What do you think?


"All things are full of labour; man cannot utter it: 
the eye is not satisfied with seeing, 
nor the ear filled with hearing."





Ecclesiastes 1:8



10 comments:

  1. I really like the wood!! I can totally see that in your kitchen!! Does it mark easily or scratch? What type of wood? My hubby might be able to direct yours to a lumber place seeing that's what he works with. You never know unless we ask! Keep warm!! SAC

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! That would be great!:)

      Delete
  2. I like the first one! It would look great in your kitchen!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love them, and always have. I was torn when we were doing our kitchen counters. I ended up going with a "marble" laminate, but I still do love the look of the wood.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope it works, but I think I had better come up with a backup plan that includes formica!:)

      Delete
  4. I really love these counter tops!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think the wood would be gorgeous!!! All of them are beautiful! I can't wait to see the finished product! How fun this is :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope it works out! These inspiration pics make me want wood countertops in my kitchen too!

    ReplyDelete

Join in the conversation by leaving a comment! We look forward to hearing from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...